January 2017 got off to a good start. With 51 sales for $12 million, we exceeded last January’s totals which were 39 sales for $10.1 million. However, we know that the first 2 or 3 months of any year is not much of an indicator of just where the market is moving because these are typically the slowest months in any calendar year.
Hence, I will devote the rest of this report to the final tabulation of the residential housing markets in the Door-Kewaunee markets for 2016 compared to 2015. Final sales and median prices for 6 different areas covered by the MLS:
- Baileys Harbor-Liberty Grove-Ephraim-Sister Bay-Gibraltar: Number of sales was down from 100 to 92 or -8%, while median price increased from $225,000 to $234,000 up 4%.
- Jacksonport-Village and Town of Egg Harbor: Number of sales jumped from 27 to 29 a slight uptick. Median price dropped from $254,000 to 229,900 shrinking by 9%.
- Sevastopol: Here we see the number of sales moving up from 20 to 24 while median price went from $238,500 to 227,500 down 5%.
- City of Sturgeon Bay: Sales were about the same, down 3 from 111 in 2015 to 108 last year. Median price showed a nice increase from $127,900 to $136,250 for an increase of 7%.
- Southern Door County: Number of sales up from 45 to 58 (+29%) and median price up from $137,500 to $159,700 (+16%)! Way to go Southern Door!!
- Kewaunee County: Number of sales dropped from 89 to 82 while median price increased from $88,000 to $93,000. Sales down 8% while median price was up 6%.
Overall for the entire Door-Kewaunee markets, 2016 showed a decrease in the number of sales from 429 in 2015 to 411 in 2016 for a drop of 4%. Median Price increased just slightly from $149,200 to $150,000, less than 1%.
MLS statistics show that ERA Starr Realty was involved in 196 transactions for inland residential home sales, while the second leading agency checked in with 91, less than half the production of ERA Starr. We have been the leading agency since the inception of our current MLS system in 2003. Need help with either buying or selling questions? Give us a call, we are “Always There For You”!